So what’s stored in all of our brains?
It’s all the information that we obtain from different people and situations we go through in our daily lives.
What we are taught in school is also there. What our parents taught us is there.
Humans learn new things every single day. Unless you’re literally sitting at home and staring at the wall. But even then you might be acquainted with how ants live and dig holes in your walls.
We’ve all heard the saying, “Knowledge is Power” and we spend most of our lives trying to learn and learn and learn. We’re constantly storing knowledge in our brains.
Now have you thought about why do we need knowledge? I mean yes it is important to have some knowledge in whatever you associate yourself with but not everything as some may consider a waste of time.
Now, knowledge simply refers to the condition of knowing something. It is the information, facts, principles, skills and understanding, etc. that is acquired through education and experience.
Knowledge is powerful and important part of Life. Knowledge is a powerful acquisition in life which, when given to someone, does not decrease. It’s like burning something to a cd it will be forever saved.
It is said, “Knowledge is Power”. Knowledge has enabled us make all the advancements in the science and technology that we have and use today. It has made us far more capable, superior and sophisticated beings on this earth. Knowledge is the primary factor that clearly distinguishes the human race from the animals.
Man has the power to judge situations, decide between what is good and what is bad and make decisions willingly.
Let’s take a look at what some important figures in history have said about the important of knowledge:
Benjamin Franklin - An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
Kofi Annan - Knowledge is power. Information is liberating. Education is the premise of progress, in every society, in every family.
Plato - Human behavior flows from three main sources: desire, emotion, and knowledge.
Helen Keller - Knowledge is love and light and vision.
William Shakespeare - Ignorance is the curse of God; knowledge is the wing wherewith we fly to heaven.
John Locke - The improvement of understanding is for two ends: first, our own increase of knowledge; secondly, to enable us to deliver that knowledge to others.
Socrates - True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
Here Socrates says that no matter how much we know of something, we should keep in mind that we still no nothing of it. This encourages us to continue seeking knowledge because no one has sufficed of it.
Knowledge accounts for the success of people. The more knowledgeable you are, the more advantage you have over the other people. The better you are equipped to manage yourself and others, the easier your journey of life.
That’s why we should try and learn something new each and every day.
Here are 7 reasons Why Learning New Things Is Important:
1) You can grow as a person, develop your knowledge base and improve yourself for the better.
2) Learning something new gets us access to new and different opportunities and the chance to try new experiences that might be the best ones you have ever tried!
3) You could potentially earn more money in your work life from learning a new and appropriate skill or by developing one that links to the work you do.
4) Developing a new skill will influence the way you do things day to day and they will make doing things quicker and easier, saving time, energy and stress.
5) Learning across our lives is essential for staying up to date in an ever-changing world. If we stop learning things, we can deteriorate and actually move backwards, especially in our professional lives.
6) Learning new things is very important for our self-esteem. Learning something new keeps brain cells active and allows us to succeed at something new, allowing us to give ourselves a big pat on the back!
7) Trying anything different ensures you meet new people, some of whom will have similar interests to you and be interested in some of the same things. You could make new friends and really enhance your social or work life.
It is knowledge that has equipped man with the limitless power with which man dominates over all beings who are physically much stronger than him. Knowledge has significantly helped him to conquer the nature and this conquest has prompted human progress and civilization.
A person who studies history acquires the knowledge of the events of the past. We get information about ancient people, society and kingdoms. Knowledge of history gives us the opportunity to learn from the mistakes of the past.
Since knowledge is the fuel that drives human life, gaining knowledge is deemed the most primary activity that prepares man for a long and successful life.
Without knowledge, one cannot be successful in life. To grow in one’s career, gaining as much knowledge as possible is important. Knowledge is also very important to shape our personality and perfect our behavior and dealings with people.
Reality Of Islam
Imam Ja’far ibn Muhammad as-Sadiq (PBUH) has said that: “Reciting the Qur’an from the pages of the Qur’an (meaning to look at it and recite it - not from memory) lightens the punishment of one’s mother and father, even if they are both disbelievers.” Usulul Kafi, Volume 2, Page 613
Imam Ja’far ibn Muhammad as-Sadiq (PBUH) has said that: “Reciting the Qur’an from the pages of the Qur’an (meaning to look at it and recite it - not from memory) lightens the punishment of one’s mother and father, even if they are both disbelievers.”
Usulul Kafi, Volume 2, Page 613