Saying “I’m sorry” should be much easier than it sometimes is. Here are eight empowering reasons to say “I’m sorry”—and really mean it.
1. Builds R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Find out what it means to me. Relationships are built on respect, and saying “I’m sorry” shows that you respect another person’s feelings.
2. Helps you move on. We all make mistakes. Harboring guilt and anger isn’t good for you or anyone else. Acknowledging your own mistakes helps you grow—and move on.
3. Provides a strong foundation. Sometimes foundations crack and need repairing. Ignoring the cracks only makes them bigger—and the foundation weaker. However, moving past problems in a healthy manner can actually be strengthening to your relationship.
4. It gets easier. Saying “I’m sorry” is just like your time on your yoga mat. It gets more comfortable and familiar the more you practice it.
5. Integrity. If you don’t apologize, it doesn’t make your mistake disappear. Now it’s an elephant in the room. Owning your mistakes only makes you a better person—and it helps others trust you.
6. Sincerity. On the other hand, don’t apologize just to get past an issue. No one appreciates this. It’s like the boy who cried wolf. The next time you say “I’m sorry” and mean it, no one will believe you.
7. Relief. Say “I’m sorry” for you as much as for others. You’ll feel better. I promise. Even if your apology falls on deaf ears, you’ll know you did the right thing—and sometimes that’s all that counts.
8. Sets an example for kids. Saying “I’m sorry” to your children or in front of your children shows them how to make mistakes and deal with them appropriately. Need I say more?
Saying “I’m sorry” is a learned behavior, and it takes time and practice just like everything else. Best of all, showing empathy and compassion for the people around you bolsters your path to being the best “you” that you can be.
Reality Of Islam
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology announced plans Monday to create a new college of artificial intelligence with an initial $1 billion (rou
On the opening day of its two-day Adobe Max 2018 event on Monday, Adobe announced some major updates to its slew of products including Photoshop CC
The taxi service to the orbiting International Space Stationis taking no passengers until further notice. Neither the United Stat
According to a new research, apps can soon detect what mode of transport commuters are using and automatically offer relevant advice.
Imam Ja’far ibn Muhammad as-Sadiq (PBUH) has said that: “Reciting the Qur’an from the pages of the Qur’an (meaning to look at it and recite it - not from memory) lightens the punishment of one’s mother and father, even if they are both disbelievers.” Usulul Kafi, Volume 2, Page 613
Imam Ja’far ibn Muhammad as-Sadiq (PBUH) has said that: “Reciting the Qur’an from the pages of the Qur’an (meaning to look at it and recite it - not from memory) lightens the punishment of one’s mother and father, even if they are both disbelievers.”
Usulul Kafi, Volume 2, Page 613